Askmen.com came up with a list of 5 timeless management laws (summary below):
- Manager assumes all responsibility: Your performance isn't determined by your personal accomplishments, but by those of your entire team.
- Manager is confident: It is important to project decisiveness and self-assurance in every situation if you want your employees to trust your leadership abilities.
- Manager knows the staff: The same way a sales person needs to be familiar with the product line in order to do the right job, it is crucial to be aware of your employees' respective strengths and weaknessess.
- Manager provides regular feedback: Whether things are going well or taking a turn for the worse, keep your employees apprised of their progress within the company.
- Manager leads by example: Employee often emulate their superior's behavior because they perceive it as a model of success.