Monday, October 15, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For

A funny thing happened on the way to writing this entry over the weekend. I received a blast email from the President of Rice University to all alumni about the status of new construction plans on campus (and a request for continued Alumni financial support). So, I decided to write back. As I replied to the president, I commented about the absence of a group affiliation with the university on the LinkedIn professional social networking site. Then I received an email from the President and the Alumni Director asking me to take it upon myself to get this “ball rolling”. So I did. One of the best features of LinkedIn is the ‘grab’ button in the Outlook Toolbar (see my article in the Real Estate Journal). Over the last five days we’re over 200+ alumnus in the group.

No comments: