Thursday, July 19, 2007

Home Buyer Tip: A 6-step plan for boosting credit score to buy home

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Question: I need some assistance in cleaning up my very poor credit score of 638 from Trans Union and 559 from Equifax. It's not the result of any credit cards but poor choices (which I admit) and a divorce with little to no child support of three girls. I'm in my mid-forties and all three girls are over the age of 18.

My question is how do I increase my FICO score within the next 6-10 months and is there a reputable agency that can work on my behalf? I would like to purchase a home early next year. I know there's a lot of work that needs to be done and would greatly appreciate any assistance you or an agency can provide.

List below.. View article for details..

1. Settle collections
2. Get rid of the 'black marks'
3. Clean up late pays
4. Get even
5. Remain open
6. Remain active

No comments: